Proposed by Newport Liberal Democrats
The urban and valleys areas of Wales are critical to the future success of the Welsh Party, overwhelmingly Labour-facing. Until 2012 we were a major force in these areas. In recent years, we have struggled to carve out a distinctive niche for ourselves. Some of this must lie with our failure to create unique policies for urban voters. The Party needs to re-energise urban and valley policy and campaigning.
Conference calls for:
- A new focus on big ticket policy priorities that are relevant to urban and valley areas such as economic development and well being, housing and planning as well as environment and transport.
- An urban and valleys campaign plan to be put in place.
- The setting up of an urban and valleys campaigners network.
- The party to ensure campaigning materials support the needs of campaigners in urban and valley areas, not just suitable for Tory-facing.
- The setting up of a monitoring plan to record and action party development in urban and valley areas.
Amendments to this motion should be submitted to [email protected] by 1pm on Wednesday 29th June.