Closing date: Wednesday 16 September 2015 (email applications by 5pm)
Eluned Parrott is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a keen interest in politics to provide the Member with high quality research. Particularly relating to her current Economy, Transport & Europe shadow portfolio, the role will also include providing support to maintain a high local media profile.
Salary range: £19,920 - £29,202 (Band 2)
(Please note that recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range)
Working hours: 37 Hours
Appointment Type: Fixed Term until May 2016
Location: National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff
We are looking for a creative thinker with a commitment to developing new ideas, to help us improve quality, promote innovation and identify opportunities to be involved in key research.
Main duties include:
- Providing a comprehensive research support service for the Assembly Member, taking individual responsibility for providing timely, high quality research and information.
- Preparing research briefings, speaking notes and tabling oral and written questions according to the guidance provided. Obtain, collate, extract and analyse data, present and communicate required information and statistics which will sometimes require rapid familiarisation with new subject areas.
- Draft and issue a range of communications, including press releases, blog posts and web articles both locally and nationally.
Essential criteria include:
- Evidence of good analytical skills, including the ability to summarise accurately wide range of views and be able to quickly identify key issues from a variety of sources of information
- Educated to degree level or offering equivalent skills and experience
- Knowledge of Welsh Liberal Democrat policies and ideals
- Ability to operate in a sensitive political environment
This challenging role provides an excellent opportunity for those wishing to work in an exciting and rewarding political environment.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
Please note appointment will be subject to references and a security check.
To apply (by submitting a completed application form), or for further information, please contact Karen Roberts by emailing Karen.Roberts@assembly.wales
Interview date: 24 September 2015.