Job Title: Organiser
Working For: Mid and West Wales Liberal Democrats
Location: Must be within Mid and West Wales Region
Salary: £20,607pa (pro rata for 3 days per week)
Length of Contract: Until May 2022
With the Welsh Local Elections due in May, we are looking for a strong self-starter to assist our regional campaign, increase the Welsh Liberal Democrat vote and help elect more councillors.
The Organiser will play a critical role in the Regional Campaign Team, working alongside Jane Dodds MS and other campaigners to develop and plan the campaigning priorities for the 2022 local elections.
Our organiser needs to be outgoing, organised, versatile and have a passion for political campaigning. The election campaign will be intense and demanding but you’ll have fun as part of a friendly, supportive team.
You will be working with our candidates to boost their profile through regular door to door literature, you’ll lead activists during canvassing sessions in our towns and villages in order to understand their issues and their voting intention.
- Manage the development of the volunteer base, including supporting and leading on the recruitment, retention and upskilling of volunteers.
- Performs as the key link between the Regional Campaign Team and local election candidates.
- Coordination and production of campaign literature.
- Ability to engage, motivate, and manage a team of volunteers.
- Evidence of previous successful, effective communication activities.
- A compelling and clear writer of campaigning literature.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer skills with up-to-date knowledge of social media and Microsoft Office.
- A knowledge of the following software would be desirable but not essential: Connect, Nationbuilder, Lighthouse and Affinity Publisher.
- Must be happy and able to work independently and also as part of a team without significant supervision.
- Motivated to promote and deliver the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats.
- Must drive
Closing Date: June 14th
Interviews to take place over video conference technology as and when candidates apply.
Start date ASAP
How to apply: Applicants should send a CV, and a short cover letter (no more than one page of A4) to [email protected]