The current Executive Officer for Finance & Resources is David Collington
David joined the Party in 2015 after retiring from a career managing large scale IT projects. He is currently treasurer of the Montgomeryshire local party and was an Agent for the 2017 and 2019 General Elections, as well as Deputy Agent for Wales in the 2019 European Elections.
David was appointed Treasurer of the Welsh Party in the spring of 2018 and in February was appointed by the Welsh Board as Executive Officer for Finance and Resources.
The responsibilities of the Executive Officer for Finance & Resources are to:
- Be responsible for the overall budget and finances of the Party;
- Be the Party’s registered treasurer for the purposes of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000;
- Be responsible for the Party’s compliance with the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000;
- Chair the meetings of, and ensure the proper functioning of, the Finance & Resources Committee;
- Carry ultimate responsibility for fulfilling the duties of that Committee;
- Report on their activities, and those of the committee they chair, in a timely manner, to Board members after each committee meeting, and the Conference on an annual basis;
- Ensure members of the committee they chair, and any working groups established by that committee, are kept informed of any relevant decisions made by the Board or other Committees;
- Contribute fully to the setting of party strategy at Board level, particularly with regard to their own specific duties;
- Ensure the needs of diverse communities are considered and acted upon in all their work;
- Work with the President, other Executive Officers, Board members, elected representatives and party members in the best interests of the Party;
- Discharge of such other functions as the Conference or the Constitution shall allocate to them.
Further details can be found in the Party's constitution.