JOB DESCRIPTION – Digital Communications & Social Media Officer
Full time for 1 month – subject to review
Responsible to: Operations Manager, Welsh Liberal Democrats
Tenure: 1 Month - subject to review
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Negotiable up to equivalent of £23,000 per annum
Closing date: 12.00 noon, Wednesday 11th March 2020.
To build up the Welsh Party’s digital and social media capacity both within the party and in working with local activists. The aim is to train, raise awareness and to pilot new ways of campaigning for the Welsh Party.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Actively develop a Digital & Social Media Plan for the party in consultation with key stakeholders
- Design written content, graphics, audio, video and app based content / tools using the appropriate software for use on digital / social media channels, ensuring a consistent brand identity.
- Manage social media campaigns, including editorial and administrative content.
- Manage digital and social media content on a daily basis for key players, such as the Leader, Welsh Party and other senior postholders.
- Monitor developments in social media tools, trends and applications and make recommendations on relevant applications and emerging trends.
- Provide social media training for local groups and activists, including Nationbuilder and Lighthouse, building on their campaigns to model content and promotion of events and messaging.
- Undertake any other duties relevant to this post which may be required from time to time.
- Work with parties to use emails in a GDPR compliant way, ensuring that their use optimizes their campaign effectiveness
- Review how the Welsh language can be used in digital and social campaigning
- Work with new governance structure to profile their activities according to the needs of the committee
Some evening and weekend work will be required to fulfil the duties of this position.
Please apply by email attaching:
- A copy of your CV; including complete work history
- A Covering Letter; no more than 2 pages of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the job and person specification. Please also write your name on top of your supporting statement.
Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process.
Please let us have details of two referees including one from your current or recent employer – if you would prefer us not to contact them until a later stage of the selection process, please let us know.
We will notify all applicants when the process is complete.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in and reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Please note: We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
The Welsh Liberal Democrats are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcome applications from groups who are currently under-represented in our staff.