The current Diversity Officer is Leena Farhat
Leena is a MSc. Language Technologies student at Bangor University as well as a part-time member of staff at Wrexham Glyndwr University, where she works with Technocamps as a Delivery Officer in schools across Wrexham and Flintshire. She is a first generation British and multilingual young woman. As well as being the Diversity Officer for the Welsh Liberal Democrats, she is also a proud campaigner for a variety of causes close to her heart such as Cymdeithas yr Iaith and Cancer Research UK, she is also the youngest trustee of the Institute for Welsh Affairs. She has lived across the world and is proud of her international outlook.
The responsibilities of the Diversity Officer are to:
- Support the Party, each committee and Local parties to consider and act upon the needs of diverse communities;
- Report on their activities to the Board and the Conference;
- Contribute fully to the setting of party strategy at Board level, particularly with regard to their own specific duties;
- Work with the President, Executive Officers, Board members, elected representatives and party members in the best interests of the Party;
- Discharge such other functions as the Conference or the Constitution shall allocate to them.
Further details can be found in the Party's constitution.