The current Party Deputy President is Monica French
Monica is Deputy President of the Welsh party and is also Chair of Carmarthenshire local party. She has been a member since 2016.
The responsibilities of the Party Deputy President are to:
- Assist the President in being a public representative of Party Members;
- Chair the Constitutional Affairs Committee;
- Chair the meetings of Conference;
- Carry ultimate responsibility for fulfilling the duties of that committee;
- Report on their activities, and those of the committee they chair, in a timely manner, to Board members after each committee meeting, and the Conference on an annual basis;
- Ensure members of the committee they chair, and any working groups established by that committee, are kept informed of any relevant decisions made by the Board or other Committees;
- Ensure the needs of diverse communities are considered and acted upon in all their work;
- Work with the President, the Executive Officers, Board members, elected representatives and party members in the best interests of the Party;
- Act as a budget holder for the activities of their committee, and ensure compliance with any financial procedures put in place by the Finance and Resources Committee; and
- Discharge such other functions as the Conference or the Constitution shall allocate to them.
Further details can be found in the Party's constitution.