Claire has been a Liberal Democrat activist and member for over a decade. She is originally from Dorset but has worked all over the UK for the Party.
Claire was a Council candidate in 2018 and has previously worked for the Association of Liberal Democrat Campaigners and Councillors, Ed Davey MP, Mark Hunter, Annette Brooke and Adrian Sanders. Until recently Claire was the Head of National Campaigns for the Liberal Democrats.
Claire has held numerous roles in the party from caseworker to campaigner all giving her a broader outlook on campaigning and the party and will use these experiences to shape the priorities in her role as Chief Executive and see the growth in the Welsh Liberal Democrats.
- Ensure that the day to day operations of the Party are efficiently carried out and lead on delivering agreed strategic objectives,
- Work to ensure that the Party’s finances are on a sound footing and oversee that the party is operating within budget,
- Develop the Party and improve its impact by ensuring that the representation, both elected and unelected, voice and influence of the Welsh Liberal Democrats continue to grow,
- Constantly review and improve the structure, systems, and processes of the Party, further embedding efficiency, integrity, diversity and transparency at the heart of all its operations,
- Direct the transformation of the Party's fundraising infrastructure in order to enable the party to achieve continuously improved electoral success and have a solid operational base year on year,
- Ensure that the party is ready to fight all relevant elections including possible by-elections and the next scheduled Senedd Elections in 2021.