Salary range: £18,038 - £24,325 (pro rata)
(5 point scale, appointment will only be above point 1 in exceptional circumstances)
Appointment Type: Fixed term until May 2016
Working hours: 22.2 Hours (part time, 3 days)
Location: National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff
Purpose of Job:
This role offers an exciting opportunity to support the work of the Welsh Liberal Democrats at the forefront of Welsh politics. The role will involve providing high quality political research on a wide range of topics to maximise the impact of the Welsh Liberal Democrat group. Applicants must have a keen interest in Welsh politics and excellent writing skills.
Main duties include:
• Undertaking proactive research that maximises the political impact of the Welsh Liberal Democrat group.
• Drafting questions, briefings and speeches for plenary.
• Feeding into external communications planning to ensure research gives maximum media coverage.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Experience in a research or information environment
• Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills for e.g. English and Maths GCSE at Grade C and above
• An interest in the Welsh political system and an understanding of current affairs and issues of relevance to Wales.
• Ability to accurately summarise a wide range of views and be able to quickly identify key issues from a range of sources of information.
Please note appointment will be subject to references and a security check.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
To apply (by submitting a completed application form), or for further information, please contact Karen Roberts by emailing Karen.Roberts@assembly.wales
Closing date: 17:00 on 28 October 2015
Interview date: Either the 4th or 5th November 2015