JOB DESCRIPTION – Digital Campaign Officer
Responsible to: Chief Executive of the Welsh Liberal Democrats
Salary: £20,000 per annum, pro rata
Benefit: 8% Employer’s Pension Contribution
Tenure: Until 31 March 2019, with possibility of extension
Hours: Part Time, flexible, 24 hours per week (up to 60% of full time)
Purpose of job To support the delivery of digital campaigns on key themes for the Welsh Liberal Democrats, and help recruit 2,000 supporters and members.
1. Plan and execute digital advertising campaigns on Brexit and other themes at the direction of the Chief Executive and the Party Leader in Wales
2. Work in collaboration with other team members to develop policy objectives and turn them into effective messages that support multimodal campaigns
3. Produce regular reports against agreed targets and present these results to a wide range of stakeholders
4. Develop and commission digital content across a range of platforms
5. Build effective working relationships across the Liberal Democrats, particularly with digital specialists in other nations and regions.
The successful applicant will be an experienced campaigner with a solid understanding of how to motivate voters and change hearts and minds. They will understand how distinctive policy can be turned into campaign messages that have impact. To be successful, an applicant must show how they have contributed to successful, results driven campaigns – but digital wizardry alone won’t be enough. The person we are looking for will have the capacity to grow into a potentially expanding role, and be capable of
building effective relationships across a wide range of stakeholders. Experience of training or explaining digital campaigns to people with limited digital experience will be an advantage, as will the ability work through the medium of Welsh.
Essential Skills and Experience
1. Clear understanding of how to engage and motivate voters online
2. Experience of using Nationbuilder; Connect (NGP/VAN); and digital advertising platforms, especially Facebook.
3. Strong communications skills – particularly writing copy for use online
4. Campaign experience and record of success
5. Excellent organisational and planning skills
6. An understanding of electoral law
7. Sympathy with the aims and values of the Welsh Liberal Democrats
8. Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends if necessary Desirable Skills and Experience
9. Experience of delivering training
10.Experience of working in a bilingual workplace
Application in form of CV and 500 word (max) cover letter via email to email@example.com
Closing date: 12.00 noon, Monday 10th December 2018