Notice is hereby given that, as required by the Constitution of the Welsh Liberal Democrats, elections will be held for the following Party Officers and Committees:
- Deputy President (remaining 1 year of a 2-year term)
- Treasurer (remaining 1 year of a 2-year term)
- Diversity Officer (elected by members of the NEC)
- Finance and Management Committee: 5 ordinary members
- National Executive Committee: 9 ordinary members, 1 Unitary Councillor
(elected by and from Cllrs)
- Policy Committee: 6 ordinary members, 1 Unitary Councillor (elected by and
- Campaigns & Candidates Committee: 9 ordinary members, 1 Unitary Councillor
(elected by and from Cllrs)
- Conference Committee: Chair of Conference, Vice Chair of Conference, 6
- Representative to the Federal Board
- Representative to the Federal Policy Committee
- Representative to the Federal Conference Committee
- Representative to Federal People Development Committee
- Representative to Federal International Relations Committee
Nominations open on Sunday, 23 September 2018 and shall close at the close of the Autumn Conference on Sunday, 14 October 2018. The cut-off point for members to be eligible to vote in these elections shall be the close of nominations.
As a result of the ongoing Governance Review, it is expected that those elected to positions this Autumn will only serve a 1-year term, with elections to a new committee structure taking place in Autumn 2019.
Each Candidate shall be nominated by five members of the Party and nominations shall be on the prescribed form, of which a copy is enclosed; this may be copied if required. Only one nomination form needs be completed for a candidate who wishes
to stand for more than one position.
Every nomination must show the Name (in PRINT), Membership Number, Local Party and Signature of the Member nominating the candidate, together with the Candidate’s Local Party, Address and Telephone number. The form must be countersigned by the candidate as consent to nomination.
Additional forms may, if necessary, be obtained from the Acting Returning Officer, to whom any enquiries regarding these elections should be addressed.
As required by the Election Rules for Committee elections, each candidate shall send to the Acting Returning Officer with the nomination form a manifesto. The Manifesto shall cover no more than one side of an A5 piece of paper (two sides if one is a direct
translation into English/Welsh of the other; a photograph may be included and any artwork must be the same in both languages) for distribution with the ballot papers. This should preferably be submitted in PDF format.
Candidates shall be permitted to campaign for election. Such campaigning shall be limited to spoken communication, either via telephone or face to face contact, or via electronic communication including the use of social media, email and the internet.
Completed Nomination Forms & Candidate Manifestos
Completed nominations papers and candidates Manifestos should be handed to the Acting Returning Officer by the close of nominations or posted to: The Acting Returning Officer, Welsh Liberal Democrats, 4 Tonypistyll Road, Pentwynmawr, Newbridge, Newport NP11 4HJ.
Nomination forms which are returned by post should be received by the Acting Returning Officer not later than 5pm on Thursday 12th October 2018.