Salary range: £19,920 - £29,202 (5 point scale, appointment will only be above point 1 in exceptional circumstances)
Closing date: 6 November 2015, 17:00
Appointment Type: Fixed term (6 months)
Working hours: 37
Location: 4 Watergate, Brecon, LD3 9AN
Purpose of Job:
Kirsty Williams AM is looking for a constituency officer to work as part of her constituency team, maximising the impact of Kirsty in her communication with constituents. The post holder will use a wide range of marketing and communication strategies, focusing on outreach visits, and physical and digital marketing communications materials.
Main duties include:
• Lead on constituency communications and work alongside other team members to maintain and develop Kirsty Williams’ constituency profile across a range of media.
• Maintain a forward planning system for communications opportunities, and be responsible for producing, collating and storing promotional material.
• Assist in identifying media opportunities, working with the research and communications staff in Cardiff Bay.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge and/or experience of working within the media, public relations, campaigning, communications or marketing environment.
• Degree or equivalent experience.
• An understanding of current affairs and issues of relevance to Wales, an interest in the Welsh political system.
• Ability to work simultaneously on different projects and prioritise accordingly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across professional boundaries.
Please note appointment will be subject to references and a security check.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
Apply by submitting a completed application form, or for further information, please contact Dyddanwy Pugh by emailing Dyddanwy.Pugh@Assembly.Wales
Interview date: 12 November 2015