Salary range: £18,038 - £24,325
(5 point scale, appointment will only be above point 1 in exceptional circumstances)
Appointment Type: Fixed term until May 2016
Working hours: 37
Location: National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff
Purpose of Job:
To work as part of the communications team, maximising the impact of the Welsh Liberal Democrat Assembly Group in its communication with the wider public. The post holder will use a wide range of marketing and communication tools, focusing on outreach visits, and electronic communication.
Main duties include:
• Work as part of the communications team and alongside other team members to maintain and develop the Welsh Liberal Democrats’ profile across a range of media.
• Design and produce marketing materials relevant to the work of the Welsh Liberal Democrat Group.
• Manage the Leader of the Welsh Liberal Democrats’ diary - this includes responsibility for planning, identifying and organising Leader and Group visits. Responsibility will also include preparing briefings for AMs and working with colleagues to plan for expected levels of media coverage.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge and/or experience of working within the media, public relations, communications or marketing environment.
• Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills e.g. GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C or above.
• Proven evidence of effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate the work of the group.
• An understanding of current affairs and issues of relevance to Wales, an interest in the Welsh political system.
Please note appointment will be subject to references and a security check.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
Apply by submitting a completed application form, or for further information, please contact Karen Roberts by emailing Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17:00 on 28 October 2015
Interview date: Either the 4th or 5th November 2015